A deal moves through several states in TRONIX, including:
- New - This represents a new deal created in TRONIX.
- Pending - A new deal becomes a pending deal when you have entered all required information and click Continue or Save as Pending. A pending deal has not yet been delivered to the customer or finalized in TRONIX.
- Recent/Unpaid - A deal becomes a Recent/Unpaid (delivered) deal when you print and deliver the paperwork to the customer.
- Finalized – A finalized deal means the F&I product contract was delivered to the customer, funded by the lender, and submitted to the TPA.
Start a New Deal
You can get to the New Deal entry by selecting one of these two options:
- Select Deals > New Deal from the left navigation menu:
- Or select the New Deal quick link button from the menu bar:
DMS Integrated dealers: If your store is integrated with a DMS in TRONIX, a Start a New Deal dialog will appear. Enter the DMS deal/stock number used to track this deal and hit Submit or select Manual Entry to manually enter the vehicle, customer, and deal information in TRONIX.
Note: If your store is not integrated with a DMS the Start a New Deal dialog will not appear, and you will enter the New Deal Entry page.
New Deal Entry
In the New Deal entry, you will begin the process of creating a new deal. The New Deal entry contains three panels:
- The Vehicle - allows you to enter details relating to the vehicle. See The Vehicle Panel for more details.
- The Customer - allows you to enter details relating to the customer. See The Customer Panel for more details.
- The Deal - allows you to enter details relating to the deal itself. See The Deal Panel for more details.
The Vehicle Panel
1. In the Vehicle panel, enter details about the vehicle associated with the deal.
The Producer field will default to your login but you can use the drop-down to select the finance producer selling the F&I products.
Vehicle Purchase Date
Enter the date of the vehicle purchase. This field will default to today’s date.
Defaults to vehicle purchase date but is used in conjunction with the Factory Certified Vehicle flag. Enter the date when the original car warranty started on the vehicle when it was first purchased as a new vehicle.
Enter the Vehicle Identification Number.
Enter the vehicle’s mileage at the time of this deal.
Check if the vehicle is a factory certified vehicle. This will return available factory certified wrap programs from the contract administrator.
The dealer certified checkbox is only available for dealer certified enabled dealers.
Check box if the deal is dealer certified.
Note: Only one certified option can be selected at any time: Factory OR Dealer Certified
Select the sale type. Your choices are:
Consumer - select this sales type if the customer is making the purchase for himself/herself as an individual.
Commercial - select this sales type if the customer is making the purchase for his/her organization for commercial use.
Select the vehicle type. Your choices are:
New - select this option if the vehicle is new.
Used - select this option if the vehicle is used.
Select the deal type. Your choices are:
Cash – select this deal type if customer is a cash purchaser.
Finance - select this deal type if the customer is financing the vehicle.
Lease - select this option if the customer is leasing the vehicle.
Product Only - select this deal type if the customer is only purchasing an F&I product.
The Customer Panel
2. In the Customer panel, enter the customer’s information.
Enter the customer’s first name.
Enter the customer’s last name.
Address 1 and Address 2
Enter the customer’s mailing address. This must be a physical address.
Use the second field if the address is lengthy.
Enter the customer’s city of residence.
Enter the customer’s state of residence.
Enter the customer’s zip code.
Enter the customer’s county of residence.
Enter the customer's primary email address.
Enter the customer’s daytime phone number.
Enter the customer’s evening phone number.
Enter the customer's cell phone number.
Select the customer's preferred language in which forms will be printed for this deal.
Add a Co-Buyer
You can add a Co-Buyer to a deal by selecting the Add Co-Buyer button in the top-right corner of The Customer panel.
This will display a Co-Buyer panel with the same fields required for the buyer. Enter the co-buyer's information or click Cancel Co-Buyer to dismiss the Co-buyer panel.
Note: Click “Use same address as Buyer” to autofill the address from the buyer.
The Deal Panel
3. In the Deal panel, enter details relating to the deal.
Enter the internal or DMS deal number that your dealership uses to track this deal.
Enter the number that your dealership uses to track this vehicle in inventory.
MSRP / NADA
Enter the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price or NADA value.
Enter the name of the sales person making this deal.
Enter the name of the sales manager in charge of this deal.
Enter the contract purchase date. This field will default to today's date.
First Payment Date
Enter the date when the first payment on the vehicle is due.
Select a lender for this deal. To view details about the lender, click the View button. To Add a lender, see Add a Lender in New Deal .
Select the financing term in months. For example, 60 months for a five-year financing period. Two fields are provided for term options from the lender.
Enter the Annual Percentage Rate. Two fields are provided. APR 1 is associated with Term 1 while APR 2 is associated with Term 2.
Enter the Buy Rate. This is the interest rate the lender charges the dealer for a loan. The dealer can then sell the loan to the customer for the same
Enter the fee that the lender pays to the dealer. A fixed reserve is a straight dollar amount fee. For example, the lender on this deal may pay the dealer $500 for every loan that the dealer does with the lender.
Enter the lease term. Only available for the lease deal type.
Enter the value of the vehicle at the end of the lease term. Only available for the lease deal type.
Enter the money factor for a lease. The value cannot exceed 0.01667. Only available for the lease deal type.
Enter the monthly payment for a lease. Only available for the lease deal type.
Base Vehicle Price
Enter the base vehicle price of the vehicle.
The net price of the vehicle before taxes and fees displays. Not editable.
Enter the total amount of any sales rebates on this vehicle.
Enter the total amount of tax, title, and license fees on the vehicle.
Enter the down payment amount the customer is paying towards the vehicle's purchase price.
Enter total amount of documentation fees added to the purchase price.
Net Trade 1
Enter the total amount of the customer’s trade.
Use Net Trade 2 if they are trading multiple vehicles.
Enter a total for any other miscellaneous charges that are not defined by any other fields in this dialog.
Vehicle Amount Financed
This is auto populated based on previous entries. You cannot edit this field.
4. Once all required information is entered in the panels, click Continue at the bottom of the New Deal entry.
Note: Clicking Continue saves your previous entries and places the deal in the Pending Deal list.
5. After you continue from the New Deal entry, a Deal Factors dialog will appear. Enter the following information and click Ok to proceed to the menu or Cancel to cancel out of the Deal Factors modal without saving your changes.
How long do you plan on keeping the vehicle?
Dropdown select the length of time in years the customer typically keeps a vehicle.
Note: This question will drive the coverage terms displayed in the menu.
How many miles do you drive annually?
Enter the number of miles per year the customer drives.
What is your targeted monthly payment?
Enter customer’s targeted monthly payment.
What selling style do you want to present?
Select the selling style you wish to present: Traditional or Deductive.
Traditional - This is the default selling style in TRONIX. It contains one-to-four package menus.
Deductive - This is a single package menu that is an app-based presentation on a tablet that allows the customer to create their own custom set of products. (This is a premium feature and available to select dealers only).
Traditional Menu Display
After you have proceeded through the Deal Factors dialog, the New Deal/Traditional Menu entry will display. You can click the +/- icon to expand/collapse each panel to view their details.
The New Deal/Traditional Menu entry contains two additional panels:
- Menu Preference - allows you to view menu templates and update finance and loan information.
- Packages - contains product packages for you to build a menu display to present.
Menu Preference Panel
In the Menu Preference panel, you can view the current menu template and make changes to how product pricing is displayed on the menu and disclosure sheets. You can also update loan and deal information.
Current Menu Template
Displays the current menu template. Use the Select Different Template drop-down to choose an available template based on deal type selected.
Menu View Options
The Menu View section controls what is displayed on the printed menu sheet. Defaults are set in the Package Name Set in Menu Templates.
Disclosure View Options
The Disclosure View section controls what is displayed on the disclosure sheet. Defaults are set in the Package Name Set in Menu Templates.
Loan & Deal Variable Information
Use the Loan & Deal Variable Information to enter or make changes to details relating to the loan and deal.
Menu Display - Selecting Product Packages
6. Use the Packages panel to select the F&I products to present. Within each package, you can click the arrow toggle buttons next to each product to easily expand/collapse to view product details. It will display which coverage, term and deductible is being presented for the product.
7. Click the product name in the Product column to open the Edit Vehicle Service Contract modal, where you can view and edit F&I product details. Depending on the F&I product you select, the name and contents of this modal will vary. This example is for the VSC product:
Drop-down select from a list of available terms (in months).
Drop-down select from available mileage bands.
Drop-down select a deductible amount for service contract claims.
SDC (Show Dealer Costs)
This is a permission-based function and not all users will have the ability to show dealer cost.
If selected, additional information such as Dealer Cost and Profit will display. To disable this feature, simply click the SDC button again. You can also activate this button on the New Deal/Traditional Menu entry.
IMPORTANT: Avoid showing your customer this information, which includes dealer vs customer costs for F&I products.
Sales Price Override
This is a permission-based function and not all users will have the ability to override price.
Click the pencil icon next to the contract total to display the Sales Price Override modal.
You will need to provide an override reason and override price and then click Submit.
Here are some of the various surcharges offered:
8. Click Save to save changes or Cancel to exit and return to the New Deal/Traditional Menu.
9. Once all product selections have been made, click the Select button associated with the F&I product package to be delivered. The button will turn green, indicating your choice.
Note: If your dealer is Paylink enabled, check the box next to eligible products. See How to use Paylink in Tronix for more details.
10. Choose one of the following options at the bottom of the Traditional Menu:
Click this button to return to the New Deal entry page where you can change information related to the deal.
Save As Pending
Click this to save the deal as a pending deal. You can finish it later by navigating to Deals>Pending Deals.
Click this to display the menu sheet and print for presentation to your customer.
Click this to save the information you have entered and continue to deliver the deal.
11. If you have selected GAP, the Deal Details modal will display. Review the Monthly Payment, Amount Financed, and Base Vehicle Purchase Price amounts. This is what will display on the GAP contract. You have the option to enter your own price or click Continue.
Note: If you did not select GAP, the Deliver Deal modal will display instead.
12. A Deliver Deal dialog will display stating that contracts will now be issued. Select Deliver to deliver the deal or Cancel Delivery to return to the New Deal/Traditional Menu.
13. If your dealer is eSign enabled, an eSign dialog will appear asking if you want to eSign eligible documents.
14. Use the Documents Viewer screen to print or download the delivered contracts. Once you have completed this step, select Done.
15. The deal has been successfully delivered and the Deal Summary will display. For more details, see Deal Lookup / Deal Summary.