This feature allows you to provide your customer with a refund quote for canceling their vehicle service contract or prepaid maintenance contract. To obtain cancel quotes for all other products, please contact your contract administrator. Refunds are based on the unused miles or months of the contract. This option is only available for contracts that are already in TRONIX.
Cancel Quotes are only available for CareGard VSC and Maintenance Contracts. For other CareGard products, please call 1-800-856-0990 to obtain a cancel quote or email information to: email@example.com.
See the contract provisions for specific cancellation refund calculations.
When a customer wants to cancel their vehicle service contract or prepaid maintenance contract, you will use the Cancel Quote feature to provide your customer with a refund quote.
- Select Cancels > Cancel Quote from the left navigation menu.
2. In the initial Cancel Quote dialog, you will begin the process of providing a cancellation refund quote.
Select the search type to find contracts:
|Search Value||Enter the contract number or VIN.|
|Search||Click this button to search for customer’s contract.|
3. The search results will display. To request a cancel quote, click the blue hyperlink next to the contract.
4. A second Cancel Quote dialog opens where you must confirm that this is the correct contract by clicking Yes.
5. A third Cancel Quote dialog opens where you will enter information related to the cancellation:
|Cancel Date||By default, today’s date is displayed. Enter the actuall date of the cancellation if it is not today’s date.|
|Cancellation Mileage||Enter the mileage of the vehicle at the time of the cancellation.|
|Cancellation Reason||Select a reason for the cancellation from the drop-down menu. Your choices include:|
|Any claims in last 60 days?||Indicate whether or not this customer has had any claims in the last 60 days against the contract they are canceling by clicking Yes or No.|
Note: Claims on contracts may affect the cancel quote. Please see the contract provisions for specific refund calculations.
|Exit||Click this button to cancel and exit out of the cancellation process.|
|Get Quote||Click this button to obtain the cancel quote.|
6. A final Cancel Quote dialog appears containing the cancel quote and refund details. When you are finished reviewing these details, you have two options:
|Print Quote||Click this button to print out the cancellation paperwork for the customer. As indicated at the top of the next dialog, the quote is only good for 14 days from today’s date.|
|Back||Click this button to return to the previous dialog.|
7. If you click Print Quote, TRONIX displays the cancellation request paperwork.
8. Click the Printer icon in the top-right corner of the dialog to print the Cancellation Request and hit Done.
Submitting Cancellation Paperwork to TPA
To submit the cancellation request paperwork to the TPA:
- Print the cancellation request paperwork (see the final step in Cancel Quote).
- Contact your TPA for specific submission requirements.