This feature allows you to provide your customer with a refund quote for canceling their vehicle service contract or prepaid maintenance contract. To obtain cancel quotes for all other products, please contact your contract administrator, CareGard Warranty Services. Refunds are based on the unused miles or months of the contract. This option is only available for contracts that are already in TRONIX.
Cancel Quotes are only available for VSC and Maintenance Contracts. For other products, please call CareGard at 1-800-856-0990 to obtain a cancel quote or email information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When a customer wants to cancel their vehicle service contract or prepaid maintenance contract, you will use the Cancel Quote feature to provide your customer with a refund quote.
1. Select Cancels > Cancel Quote from the left navigation menu.
2. Or select the Lookup Contract quick link button from the menu bar:
3. In the Cancel Quote / Search dialog, you will begin by searching for the contract:
Select the search type to find contracts:
Enter the contract number or VIN.
Click this button to search for a customer’s contract.
4. If you search by contract number, the Cancel Quote / Review dialog will display. You can review the contract details and confirm if this is the correct contract by clicking Yes or No.
5. If you search by VIN, there may be multiple contracts available. Click the contract number (blue hyperlink) that you want to request a cancel quote for. The Cancel Quote / Review dialog will display. You can review the contract details and confirm if this is the correct contract by clicking Yes or No.
6. In the Cancel Quote / Request Quote dialog, you will enter information related to the cancellation:
By default, today’s date will be entered in this field. Enter the actual date of the cancellation if not today’s date.
Enter the mileage of the vehicle at the time of the cancellation.
Select a reason for the cancellation from the drop-down menu. Your choices include:
Any claims in last 60 days?
Select this if the customer has had any claims in the last 60 days against the contract.
Note: Claims on contracts may affect the cancel quote. Please see the contract provisions for specific refund calculations.
Click this button to cancel and exit out of the cancellation process.
Click this button to obtain the cancel quote.
7. The Cancel Quote / Refund Details dialog appears with the cancel quote and refund details. When you are finished reviewing these details, you have two options:
Click this button to print out the cancellation paperwork for the customer. As indicated at the top of the next dialog, the quote is only good for 14 days from today’s date.
Click this button to return to the previous dialog.
Submitting Cancellation Paperwork to the TPA
To submit the cancellation request paperwork to the TPA:
- Print the cancellation request paperwork.
- Contact your TPA for specific submission requirements.